At Tenovus Cancer Care we pride ourselves on our close relationship with healthcare professionals and Health Boards. Our range of support services complement and work alongside those delivered by the NHS, to help make sure every cancer patient has access to the care and support they need.
Refer a patient to us
If you have a patient you would like to refer to our services, simply call our free Support Line on 0808 808 1010.
Our specialist support services for people affected by cancer include:
- Welfare Benefits advice. Support with practical matters like help with NHS costs, blue badges and home adaptations
- Cancer Callback – a proactive series of calls from our nurses for patients going through treatment to complement their existing support
- SACT and lymphoedema care on our Mobile Support Units (only available in certain Health Board areas for certain treatment types)
- Group support through singing with our Sing with Us choirs for anyone affected by cancer
- A free Will writing service for cancer patients to write or update their Will for free. It is quick and easy to do and gives patients peace of mind, knowing that their wishes will be carried out after they’re gone
Our latest research
We continue to support research which looks into better ways to prevent, treat and diagnose cancer. Our research in the lab investigates how cancers form and develops new drugs for some of the hardest to treat cancers. Our projects in the community look at how to improve the lives of people throughout their cancer journey. See our latest research projects here.
We open our call for funding opportunities at various times throughout the year. We also work in partnership with Health Boards and other funding bodies. All of our funded research shares a common goal, to work towards a world where no one dies of cancer. We offer funding for healthcare professionals to undertake cancer research through our iGrant and PhD studentships.
However, due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, Tenovus Cancer Care has had to postpone all new grant calls for the time being. In the meantime, please keep referring bck to our website for future updates.
Patient research opportunities
We’re committed to putting the needs of people affected by cancer at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we conduct and support research which involves patients, carers and healthcare professionals.
Getting involved with research is a way for cancer patients and their loved ones to feel empowered, as well as help shape the future of cancer treatment and care for others. See our latest opportunities for people affected by cancer to get involved.
We have a range of resources which may be useful for yourself or colleagues, with a particular focus on cancer prevention.
We’re proud that healthcare professionals from across the NHS choose to support Tenovus Cancer Care through fundraising. As well as key campaigns like our Jolly Jumper Day at Christmas, many people opt to take part in a challenge event like a run, walk or trek, or hold fundraising coffee mornings or concerts. Read more about all the exciting ways you can fundraise for us here.